Guru Nanak - The First Sikh Guru, Set of Five Books (Paperback) - Daljeet Singh Sidhu, Terveen Gill
- Author - Daljeet Singh Sidhu, Terveen Gill
- Seller - Book Hound
- ISBN - 9789382887324
- Out of stock
- Category: Newly Added
INR 599.00 25% Off
- Publisher : Gyankhand Media (Sikhcomics.com) (1 January 2013); www.sikhcomics.com
- Language : English
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9382887326
- ISBN-13 : 9789382887324
- Reading age : 3 years and up
- Item Weight : 400 g
- Dimensions : 1.1 x 17.7 x 24.8 cm
- Country of Origin : India
Guru, Nanak was born in a society that was in the grip of religious orthodoxy and empty ritualism. Society was further crippled by female-infanticide, child marriage, subordination of women and a rigid caste system. A gifted child and deeply spiritual from an early age, Guru Nanak amazed his teachers by quickly learning the alphabet and the scriptures. He was soon composing poems in praise of God. Before he entered his teens, Guru Nanak began to question the traditional religious ceremonies and superstitions of people around him.
After attaining enlightenment at the age of twenty-seven, Guru Nanak spent the next twenty-three years travelling as far as Sri Lanka, Tibet, Assam and Mecca to spread his message.
Guru Nanak’s message was simple and based on ethics, social responsibility and, social justice. He asked his followers to worship one God, control worldly desires, treat everyone equally, work honestly, share with the less fortunate, and serve the community.
Note: Guru Nanak was the first Sikh Guru among the ten Gurus. He was the founder of Sikhism religion. Guru Nanak was followed by Guru Angad Dev, Guru Amar Das, Guru Ram Das, Guru Arjan Dev, Guru Hargobind, Guru Har Rai, Guru Harkrishan, Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh. In the end, Guru Gobind Singh installed Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy book, as the permanent Guru.
- Learn about Sikh History through Graphic Novels (Comic Books)
- Enjoyable for both children and adults
- Authentic stories compiled after extensive research
- Inspiring stories, attractive illustrations depict the teachings and lives of the Sikh Gurus
- Gripping tales of bravery and sacrifice
- Appropriate quotes from Sri Guru Granth Sahib enhance learning